Team Dramander
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeLatest imagesDecryption Game Custom_rulesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» DISCORD SERVER
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 am

» Too Little Too Late
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:21 am

» Omegle Laughter
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 am

» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» Collective Writing
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
Decryption Game Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Status Shout Box

Decryption Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Squad : Flame SL

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Jinji's secret messages have inspired this new game. Basically, solve the puzzle and you get to post your own.

Current Decryption Machine
Mac

Rules:
The puzzle must be solvable without a super-computer.
Maximum of 3 puzzles within a puzzle. (4)

Leaderboard:
  1. Mac - 2 Decryption Points.
  2. Jinji - 1 Decryption Point.
  3. Euphy - 1 Decryption Point.

Are you up to it?

Last edited by Eupharia on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:36 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm

My puzzle:

Spoiler:

Along with the puzzle itself lies another secret. A puzzle inside a puzzle, if you will.

Solve them both for 1 decryption point.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 pm

It's a smartphone barcode. I assume figuring that part out was one puzzle and when scanned will reveal an actual puzzle? So if we don't have a device that supports a barcode scanning app, we can't earn the points? Unfair.
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Macro wrote:
It's a smartphone barcode. I assume figuring that part out was one puzzle and when scanned will reveal an actual puzzle? So if we don't have a device that supports a barcode scanning app, we can't earn the points? Unfair.

There are other means of deciphering it, if aware of its name.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Well it's a QR code, stands for Quick Response, and I was the quickest to respond Razz I win.

Edit: Got it. I PM now

Last edited by Macro on Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 3:12 am

Macro wrote:
If you read this message. Approbation is yours. Many will seek this answer. Each struggling to find secret. Unfortunate. Perhaps Jinji will discover. Having made many, the cryptic strand. Alas. RedHerring shall prevail. I wonder. Astound this fox.

The first letters of each sentence spell "I am Eupharia"

This is the message from the QR Code. Mac has solved both of the puzzles. The answer is in the quote, try and figure it out before you highlight it.

Anyway, well done Mac. Ghost and Fish have competition. We await your puzzle, oh wise machine.

Back to top Go down
Jinji

Jinji

Location : My mansion, in the center of a dark forest somewhere in the Pokemon World...

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Unimaginative first puzzle, but a great thread nonetheless.   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 am

Though you've revealed the answer already anyway, I can still state thus: if people still haven't worked out this first puzzle by now, I pity them. That kind of coded message is common knowledge, especially with the emergence of internet trolls who use similar methods to "stealth-pwn" people; and I can honestly claim I have not seen another puzzle thread similar to this one on other Forums where such a code WASN'T used as the very first puzzle.

The only difficulty here was in hiding the puzzle behind a QR Code, which there are many readers available for. However, being relevant, I therefore feel compelled to state that I am not very keen on the use of QR Codes and feel physically turned off when they are included in a page except to provide a service that wouldn't be easy to provide otherwise (e.g. mobile downloads). I am not sure of the reason for my feeling this way, but I do.

Nevertheless, I am flattered to find I was named as inspiration for another person's creation - it is truly an honour. I am just sad not to have been made aware of it much earlier. But it makes me proud to know of it. This thread has a great concept and I certainly hope you guys keep it going strong!
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:10 pm

I didn't want to set the bar too high on the first post but now that I see you're both more than capable of deciphering this, expect my future contributions to be hellish.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:12 pm

ok here's my puzzle:
Spoiler:

C

Most of you are probably calling me "Gray Mac" by now due to Mac's multiple personalities. But a lot of people in the world refer to me as "Chaos" , a synonym of this name you're looking for. Also "Nothing".

Last edited by Macro on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jinji

Jinji

Location : My mansion, in the center of a dark forest somewhere in the Pokemon World...

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

You lagged my browser to hell with that puzzle! But I got the answer without having to wait, though I won't explain how because I don't want to spoil it for others. Let's just say it was ingenuity. Does the phrase "I am the cheese" mean anything to you?
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Beaten to it. Damn.

Spoiler:

Ignore the jargon, I had to copy the URL because lmgtfy couldn't handle your cheese Razz
Back to top Go down
Jinji

Jinji

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:23 am

I had been waiting for Macro to confirm our answers but it doesn't look like he is going to. Euph's already accepted it as right anyway and is the final arbiter for this topic really, so I guess it doesn't matter that much all told.

Since I may not be around much more today though, I thought I might as well submit my puzzle now. This is only a single puzzle though it does have two parts, as I am not going to tell you what you're looking for or where - you have to figure it out yourself. I will know you have cracked the code when you correctly post what you think the solution is in BLOCK CAPITALS; but I do not expect this to be easy.

[Puzzle]
I wrote a letter to a TV Station once. "The Quick Brown Fox Jumped Over The Lazy Dog" I typed first to test the keyboard. As I did so, I read over a headline in the newspaper. "T.V. quiz jack, Mr. PhD, bags few lynx". Rather contrived way to put it, I thought. Underneath it, "Phew! Junk MTV quiz show graced by fox!" I put down the paper in disgust - every headline sounded smutty, yet the stories themselves were perfectly innocent - and turned on the TV. An advert said, "Watch 'Jeopardy!', Alex Trebek's fun quiz game." I finished writing and looked up to see the Local News, and the reporter announced "Thousands of DJs flocking by, asking why MTV ax'd its quiz program". The TV showed a protest had started outside MTV studios from both staff and viewers angry about them cancelling not just the quiz, but a large number of their programs overall. I decided not to send that letter after all. Sometimes what people DON'T see is more important than what they do.
[/Puzzle]
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:08 am

yeah you're right. It didn't quite turn out like I expected because lmgtfy doesn't scroll -_- (autocorrect tried changing lmgtfy to "onrush" lol) now please tell me you used find and replace on word instead of changing every single l to a 1 and o to a 0 xD

Sorry for not checking sooner[
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:22 am

Btw jinji
SOLVE
that is all
Back to top Go down
Jinji

Jinji

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:27 am

Macro wrote:
yeah you're right. It didn't quite turn out like I expected because lmgtfy doesn't scroll -_- (autocorrect tried changing lmgtfy to "onrush" lol) now please tell me you used find and replace on word instead of changing every single l to a 1 and o to a 0 xD

Sorry for not checking sooner[
Notepad, actually. Much quicker.

Apology accepted. As for your puzzle, at least you now know what NOT to do Smile
Back to top Go down
Jinji

Jinji

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: That was way too quick...   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Macro wrote:
Btw jinji
SOLVE
that is all
Gegeh... (places arm behind head and looks embarrassed)... that puzzle took me an hour to write, and you solve it in ten minutes! I was not expecting it so quickly...

(Straightens up and begins to speak more authoritatively)

Very well! I was not really on my A-game last night and came up with that puzzle on the spur of the moment, so it wasn't going to be a difficult one as I usually put a lot more thought into them. I will NOT make that mistake next time! But for now, you may take your point, Macro; and enjoy the glory that comes with being above me in rank. At least now, you can show us how a puzzle should be done.
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Would someone mind explaining how the answer is 'SOLVE'? silent

Edit: Never mind, with Mac's clue of 'Pangram' I got it. Clever.

Last edited by Eupharia on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Tbh this may be more of a scavenger hunt (hint hint) than a puzzle, but Euph you can judge if it's worthy or not in which case I guess I'll spend an hour or two thinking of another idea instead.
Who am I? That is the riddle you must answer. You will not need to leave this site. Do these clues mean anything to you?

1. Macacacacacaca...Manana...
2. Super Late Ivys
3. I will take on any challenge time for all the world to see...
4. Zammbi -a +o -m +e
5. Clear four rows at the same time
6. Poster Pick Tear
7. Alexonsager
8. List of Play
9. "The Forum Clown"
10. You bastard
11. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL It's ITT
12. This isn't About Me

Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:10 pm

NONEXISTENCE

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Puzzle Eupharia   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:33 am

My next puzzle:

Part A - Scavenge

Spoiler:

What is the keyword?

-------
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:53 am

A clue since Mac is terrible at his own game (scavenging)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Bump

3-5 word rule? **** tha police!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decryption Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decryption Game   Decryption Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decryption Game
Page 1 of 1