Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
by Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» The Rise of Red
by Littlered Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:14 pm

» Collective Writing
by Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
by Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
by Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» Omegle Laughter
by Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:34 pm

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
by Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
by Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
by Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
by RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
by RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
by RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
by Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
by Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
by Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
by Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
by Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
by Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
by RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

» Well, it's been fun
by RedHerring Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Status Shout Box

Share | 

Bastardo! the baseball player

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jez

PostSubject: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:20 am

Spoiler:

Remember this guy folks some of you may have remembered my talk about him on the old pwo forums and my fear of him ending up on the redsox as you all poked fun at his minimal stats and towering era. However now I give you the improved Bastardo he's now pitching 1.43 era with a 5-0 record and 8 saves that's getting pretty good. So now ha! Antonio Bastardo the baseball player with the bestest name. I want a jersey even though he's on the philies.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

Squad : Freeze SA

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 am

Paging Peaches! Paging Peaches! We have a baseball fan other than you on the forums.

Spoiler:

Last edited by RedHerring on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jez

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:37 am

lololol ofc u don't remember this topic in the pwo forums? you u posted in it a decent amount before it died out. ITs bastardo.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:39 am

That was me just being a mediocre baseball fan with no real knowledge of any stats. I watch the Rangers play when I happen to be watching TV and that's really it.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:43 pm

Bastardo...green calls me that sometimes. I believe it's also how you say bastard in Italian, also you can say putsone. Anyway it also sounds like a cereal brand "get ur bastard-o's today! For all you nutricious bastards"
Ps autocorrect tried to change bastardo to "castaway" WTF
Ps again is bastard considered a curse word in Europe?

N

If I had to pick a Pokemon to represent me, probably Giratina, because it's just kinda there in this distorted world unaccessible to anything else, in the middle of the pokemon representing Space Time and Spirit.

Last edited by Macro on Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jez

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 pm

Well technically it's a curse word anywhere since bastard is a extremely rude thing to call anyone needless to say I'm a fan of that bastardo.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

Squad : TD Forum Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:18 am

Antonio Bastardo - yeah I remember this topic awhile back now. I would have kept it going but no one really cares for Baseball these days Sad

Anyways yeah the Phillies came to play the Dodgers last week - which is terrible! We got paired up with Halladay, Lee, Worley and just was outplayed in every area. We didn't put much of a battle the first two days, the third one I couldn't believe it. The Dodgers piled on five runs in the first inning on Vance Worley and what looked like a sure win and to the dismay of me, the Dodgers lost in by the fifth inning. Since they had already put in Lidge back to back, they brought in Bastardo for 1.2 innings and all I have to say is that he's nasty (as in sickly good). He's gotten a lot more deceptive with his delivery where it's actually a lot harder to see it. His bender and slider are pretty good - good movement and all. He made quick work of the Dodgers before handing it over to Ryan Madson their closer.

I'm not a Phillies fan. But I detest them less than the Giants. I can't stand the Giants one bit and I hate that Showtime as a stupid television show covering them for this season, (just to pad their egos right?) But if I didn't mention this already in the old topic, the one person I dislike the most (Alive) is Shane Victorino. No hard feelings for the people in Hawaii Razz but I just can't stand this man. I mean something about his grin is just vile and evil - a mean devilish man playing baseball. I'm not the only one that feels this way - seems like every place he does go play against he's hated. He got beer poured on him in Chicago, he fought with the Giants team two weeks ago (which I thought was hilarious!) and he's certainly never welcomed when he comes to Dodger Stadium every year. But other than that, I guess as Phillies players, I don't have nothing too personal against them.

Now that I'm warmed up, I might as well tell you that anyone who covers Baseball as a whole knows that the Dodger organization in 2008 started to take a slow decline towards I don't know - just pure embarrassment. The owners of the Dodgers, Frank and Jamie McCourt divorced and that started a spiral of events that lead to the division of assets of the Dodger franchise. It was a game of this is mine this is yours and on top of that, they had spent money (not surplus) that they earned from everything they overcharged from parking to food to tickets for their 6 houses and rich lifestyle when the money could have gone towards improving the 60 year old stadium, the damaged parking lot, security (after the incident on Opening Day) and most importantly Players!! Personally I'm sick of the fact that we as the Dodgers rank always in the top 10 in attendance every single year - that's roughly 40K fans a day and the loyalty of Dodgers was ignored by the Owners. The players we do get during the offseason are always the washed up players who's careers are on the downslope - we never get the high end must have free agent and that's been the problem.

We watched our most bitter rival in the universe win the World Series last year. (Actually I IGNORED television that whole month so I wouldn't see it). And yet we didn't do nothing this year to improve ourselves. Our organization can spend money despite the legal battles over the organization control, yet nothing is being done. We have no left fielder and instead of finding a permanent position player, we have feel-ins who are nice, but only meant to substitute, not start. We have no first, second, third, catcher and 5th starter. All those players occupying those positions now are old and like I said, past their best years. I don't like the fact that we're in the stages of re-building. I think 19 years of living, I haven't seen the Dodgers need to re-build. This is new to me and I'm sure to most Dodger fans. We have always been the best. But at the same time we have always been a club relying on our farm system - we have produced some of our best talent and will always. Kemp is a product of our farm system and I'm proud of the scouting staff and all who help those picks become major league talent.

Oh, I forgot to rant on the General Manager of our club. He stupidly trades away all those prospects for cheap lame players - in the last 3 years alone, we gave away our future left fielder, our future catcher, our future third base and our future 5th starter. And who did we get in those trades? Casey Blake who is hurt for the 4th time this year, we got George Sherrill who had a terrible 6.00+ era two years ago and left for the Braves, and a triple AAA quality pitcher. So yeah he's ruining us - we need to get rid of him.

So right now we're not very good and I guess we have no choice but to re-group this year and look towards finding permanent players to fill our main positions because besides Kemp and Kershaw, we don't have much star power. Speaking of Kemp, sort of like you Jez, everyone last year was laughing at Kemp because not only was his season horrible last year, but they also blamed his Rihanna relationship and blamed him for the Dodgers not winning that year. Our own Los Angeles Times newspaper reporters made fun of Kemp and blamed him and I would get upset every time I read the newspaper because it was always about Kemp and how he needed to get traded and that he was no good anymore and that the 09 season was a hoax. This year, all I want to say was in the L.A times face. He's having a career year with a .320 average, 28 home runs, 89 rbi's 33 stolen bases and basically the only great hitter in the Dodgers by a very long, long distance. He finally got to the All-Star game which I voted about 300 of those punch out ballots (I love those so much) And although I was at class during the game, I followed on my computer and he did very well that day. I always believed since his promotion to the Dodgers in '06 he was going to be the face of the franchise - I mean the Derek Jeter of the Dodgers. I mean honestly for him it's not that hard to do. He's already hit over 100+ homeruns and I think by the end of his career he'll hit around 400 maybe 500. He also has the most consecutive games played with 300+ games played and it's all good.

Oops, did I go overboard? lol hey, I love the game always have since I was little. I study it like literature when I'm away from writing.

~Here's to Life, Love and Team Dramander~
MicahelN Empoleon Miki Swampert Snowball Lanturn Dia Vaporeon Peaches Milotic Frost Lapras Tentails Golduck
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:12 am

I killed this topic again!

Hmm. I just wanted to shortly say that I wish both the St. Louis Cardinals and Texas Rangers luck in the World Series. Seriously, I really don't care who wins but I'm still following it cause of the fact I'm also a baseball fan as a whole. If in the case that the Texas Rangers do win... I'll cash in on $20 from Robin who bet the Cardinals would win. So Texas better win cause I don't like losing! Statistically I have the better team going for me despite Robin playing the hot hand team. Only time will tell.

MicahelN Empoleon Miki Swampert Snowball Lanturn Dia Vaporeon Peaches Milotic Frost Lapras Tentails Golduck
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:26 pm

Consider yourself $20 richer Peaches. The Texas Rangers WILL win.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:10 pm

You better be right. I went against my instincts and let Robin claim the Cardinals - granted she wanted it cause they were birdies... kinda like her so yeah... But she's getting better at learning the game. She knows the full roster of the Dodgers! On a side note WOOOO Matt Kemp won the Hank Aaron award - the best offensive hitting player award given. Next up for him is the MVP which should belong to him.

Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 pm

I just watched the Rangers score 2 runs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:22 pm

I just want to quickly say that I am angry that FOX scheduled the World Series over TerraNova tonight. I think it was very stupid and thus why I hate TV channel companies. I'm watching the same game as you Felipe. Did you see Beltre smack that solo blast into the right center pavilion landing on this knees? He never did that when he played for the Dodgers 8 years ago.

Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:34 pm

One out away from the Rangers winning the 5th game of the World Series.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 pm

One game away from winning money wooo. I like Napoli, he was a favorite of mine when he was in the Angels. They sure let go of a good player. Anyways on to game 6!

Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

AMEN! ...Oh no! I missed the final pitch since I was praying!
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Strike out, the batter had to run to first cause the pitch wasn't caught. Napoli threw to first, game over. I was hoping Kelly Clarkson would sing the national anthem these last 3 days but no such luck. Oh well.

Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 pm

Damn it... *puts on the hat of sorrow...*
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Oh no which is worse?! Peaches losing $20 or Felipe being ashamed of his state?
Or the fact that my cousins in Illinois are probably gonna be giving me a hard time now since they knew I was leaning towards the rangers.

Last edited by Macabre on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fell eep eh)
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:51 am

Don't you mean Felipe ashamed of his state? Lol. Well a bit of good news for Felipe is that the most recent team to appear three straight times in the World Series eventually won it their third time so, yes, third time might be a charm. I wouldn't say that losing 20 bucks was bad considering we spent it on a lunch date so... yeah lol. (But she has however hinted she's getting better at learning the game and is picking up my dislike for the Giants - gawd that's so awesome...).

That's strange you say your cousins would give you a hard time BigMac. Since your cousins live in Illinois, I would assume that they are Cubs fans and knowing that the Cubs are the Cardinal's rivals they should have hoped Texas would have won it all since after all, no one would want their division rivals to win it all - only brings some un-needed cockiness next season. (Like those Giant fans grrr).

But I wanted to report (although no one cares about it) that the Dodgers are being sold!!! I thanked God for this moment because for the last three years one man has ruined the Dodgers and tarnished their reputation. Now that is finally coming to an end. We are going to get a new owner with hopefully some roots from Los Angeles and bring it back to the way it should be - the same standard it always was, the iconic image of baseball it's self - the trailblazer for integration in baseball, the pride and joy of Los Angeles. I know for a fact we'll lead attendance this year in baseball for sure (4Million I'm guessing). People are happy around Los Angeles, there's even going to be a party downtown to celebrate the leaving of Frank Mc.Court. I just can't wait to see who buys the Dodgers which is worth 1 billion dollars - yeah I believe it's worth that much. We aren't talking about just a team, but a marketable commodity worldwide.

Right now Mark Cuban is poised to buy the team and if you don't know who that is, I'm positive he created Google, plus he currently owns the Dallas Mavericks (Basketball team). But if anything, I prefer someone in Los Angeles, someone who knows the city and have been a fan of the Ddogers. We can't let this mistake happen again where we let an outsider (From out east Evil or Very Mad ), ruin our historic team again. I'm just too happy, it's a great day for Dodger baseball that's for sure. Oh and Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw one a gold glove!! Lol, I always knew Kemp had the talent before the haters joined in as his fans. I'm super excited. (Or maybe it's the ice coffee making me hyper-ish).

Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:15 pm

MicahelN wrote:

That's strange you say your cousins would give you a hard time BigMac. Since your cousins live in Illinois, I would assume that they are Cubs fans and knowing that the Cubs are the Cardinal's rivals they should have hoped Texas would have won it all since after all

Well my aunt being a Chicago native is a Bears fan (as in the football team) but for whatever reason, according to my mom at least, they were rooting for the Cardinals. The Bears also dislike the Rams by the way.

But they live very close to St. Louis, and I think one of them may work there. While Chicago is like a 2-3 hour drive
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:24 am

My only conclusion on this is that they have given up all hope for the Cubs ever winning the World Series which is a shame considering they just got new life with a new President of operations and a pretty good GM and with the release of Mike Quade, they might get the old Boston manager making it essentially the Boston Red Sox in Cubs blue lol. Either way I bet (even though I have a losing record in these) that if the Cubs make the playoffs next year, your cousins will be Cubs fans again. I realize they have a strong fan base throughout the nation - especially when they come to Los Angeles (-.- annoying Cubs fans). It's like all non-baseball followers; rooting for the hot hand which in this case would be the 2011 World Series Champs - St. Louis Cardinals.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bastardo! the baseball player   

Back to top Go down

Bastardo! the baseball player
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1