Team Dramander
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeLatest imagesLent Season Custom_rulesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» DISCORD SERVER
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 am

» Too Little Too Late
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:21 am

» Omegle Laughter
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 am

» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» Collective Writing
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
Lent Season Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Status Shout Box

Lent Season

Go down 
+4
MicahelN
RedHerring
Memieko
Mac of All Trades
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:24 pm

The Christian faith celebrates a season known as LENT, when you're supposed to give up something of importance for forty days until Easter. This is supposed to help you focus on... better things in your life, while improving yourself to God. (I'll give my thoughts)

I'm NOT Catholic (can't be tied down by one religion), but I'm trying this Lent anyway, to a degree. I'm kind of giving up the Team Dramander forum for Lent. I'm sorry this is kind of sudden, fyi I wanted to talk with a couple people about it, but I only really discussed this with one person. I'll explain why I'm doing this, ofc I might wind up blabbing too much instead of getting to the point, but this all would probably be a good inspirational thing for you to read:

Don't worry, nothing happened; I'm not mad or nothing. Here's my reasoning for this decision. Sometimes, on the road to success, you'll find good things (like Dramander). But you can't lose sight of what's originally important to you. If you continue towards your life goal, you'll be happier in the long run than if you let the little pleasures distract you, even though they may make you happier now. This same thing may apply to the Love of your Life. You must follow your dream, then afterward your rewards will be greater, and you can return to what you had before also... I suppose I'm seeing Dramander as something holding me back, since it's taking up all my time, so I hope by doing this I can focus more on getting some work done on what I want to do in Life (and tbh, maybe this extra time will also help me get my slipping school grades back up).
Also, another thought: taking a leave will allow me to better appreciate this guild when I come back (For example: you like pizza. But if you eat it everyday, you won't enjoy it as much as if you only treated yourself once or twice a week)

Note however, I won't be completely afk the whole time. I want to stay in touch, I'll come on once every 2 days or so to check my PMs for when you need me (oh i know you will) even though it would be better if you contacted me some other way (since I'm really not supposed to be on THIS site much, as mentioned). I'll be on Facebook, yahoo, youtube, etc still. And if I feel like I'm getting things accomplished, maybe I'll go on PWO forums or Tinychat to catch Road's show. But I won't post or be in the chatbox, so maybe an admin can ban me (in case the temptation is too great)?

Please, I ask that you go on with your activities normally, don't let my absense affect anything; I don't want to steal all the attention. I've given this a lot of thought, and I'm going to try and do this to the best of my ability. if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask, remember, I'll still check PMs and such. I just hope all of you you at least understand and don't view this as a stupid reason to leave. See ya on Easter
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:29 pm

You can use this as a discussion topic too if you want, like "what are YOU giving up for Lent? (if your doing it)"
Back to top Go down
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

Squad : Flame SA

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:31 pm

I'm really religious...(but I'm not one of those smiting people that are rude to everyone outside their religion -.-) I think you have a slight misconception on what Lent is about. Instead it's about you showing your faith to God by giving up something to him the way his son gave up his life for us. It's used to improve you as a person in the hopes that by the end of lent you continue your sacrifice for the rest of your life rather than just 40 days. It's meant to make you a better person for your life not, "I'm giving this up to appreciate it more"

What I'm doing for lent is:

Edit: I change my mind about what I'm telling people. They tell you not to draw attention towards what you're giving up because a person is suppose to keep it between them and God...(This depends on your purpose for doing it though but yours is completely legit for explaining it to us)
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Take care Mac. I look forward to the day in which you return.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Squad : TD Forum Administrator

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:08 am

You know BigMac, when I first read the title I thought it was exactly what you posted in your second post, but after reading the real intention of it, I kinda feel awful and kinda regretted reading it, but I'll try to articulate what I'm thinking.

To be honest, I know exactly how your feeling and I was, and partially still am in the same spot you are at. I realize that I can literally kill an entire day on this site, which is kinda scary to be honest, but being me, I think nothing of it. My first semester I didn't do so well GPA wise, and I blamed more of my incompetence that I didn't do well, but when I looked back, I was on this site a lot trying to get Team Dramander started and watching it soar. I will admit to you and everyone that reads, I was tempted to leave multiple times because I figured that I needed to get my act together in terms of studying, and not only that, but mixing in time where I spend time actually enjoying life outside my house. We all aren't built like super humans that can juggle time studying and time here and time to save the world. I know how you feel and I know that battle you waged in your head deciding this choice. I'm not saying that this is bad, but like you mentioned, this could be holding us all back from doing something more, but whether it really matters to us, well depends on how long we choose time to spend away from here.

Believe me, banning is one of the only ways to not get tempted to visit this site over and over again. I can't really ban myself. And I will not ban you because that will not feel right to me. This is something you are going to have to fight on your own. I mean if you truly want to stop something and that goes for smoking, drugs, drinking etc, YOU have to be the person willing to give it up. Your friends and family will be there for you for support, but really the only person that can change you is you. I'm not saying change who you are, but stay strong to what you are giving up. This is not my way of shooing you out, but helping you keep that choice to limit time here in TD and help you find your way along your path to success. Hey, I'm one of your fans, and friends and I always want to see the best out of them and watch them achieve what they want in life. Spending time away to help you get what you need to get done is something that is smart, something that I think will help you in the long run.

I know your not really leaving, but I will admit it will be different without you and your personalities in chat often. You know I respect you, and at anytime I have snapped at you, it's because I care for you and you know I would go through hell to help you out, (along with anyone here). Thanks for the time we did share, and the things- especially your kick butt theme song video you have contributed to Team Dramander. Just know I am still going to be here. I know lately there have been doubts and I have been acting a bit crabby, but I'm still going to be here everyday no matter what, through thick and thin, and if you need to talk to me; whether it's going through a rough patch in rl, school, girl etc, talk to me and I will always be ready to listen. I have yahoo messenger, so send me your email and I will certainly add you. Stay strong BigMac. Team Dramander is just a small part of the rest of your life, and we all understand that real life goals come second (after family of course). Concentrate, work hard, do well and when you're ready to come back, do so and we'll be here for your return.

P.S. Sorry if this sounds like a farewell speech, but it isn't. It'll be far more mellower than this.
Back to top Go down

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 am

I am giving up drinking alcohol (except for St Paddy's day ofc)
Back to top Go down
Littlered
Demon in Disguise
Demon in Disguise
Littlered

Squad : Flame Squad

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:13 pm

I aint entirely the most religeous person you'll come around but that doesn't mean I don't have faith in God. To me, being a catholic means you believe in jesus's existance, his appeals, and the kindness he shared for us. And actually I have always had my own beliefs about certain events, cause I will admit that I don't believe everything in the bible. To me I see Lent as a event that you are giving up something you enjoy or something you were plainly used to doing because Jesus did so. And he did it because he was showing his love for the father. I on my end am giving up fur. And when i mean give up I mea literally giving it away. This may sound a bit out of place but I believe it's Godd will to not have fur made at all unless ofc the tags say fake or synthetic. I can give a whole reosoning as to why I see fur as a bad thing but I shall not simply because. I will however say some fur grows back and its sorta ok. It depends on the animal the fur comes from that makes it terribly sinfull.

On another note I support your decision mac if this is what you want to do. If in your eyes you feel as if you want to tie down on something of the sort than that's great for you and no one should hold it against you. I hope to see you doing better in the future Smile
Back to top Go down
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Ariana you realize animal fur is obtained by killing and skinning an animal...right?
Back to top Go down
Littlered
Demon in Disguise
Demon in Disguise
Littlered

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:57 pm

"It depends on the animal the fur comes from that makes it terribly sinfull."

Yes I do
Back to top Go down
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Well sheep's coat are used to make Wool, so any fur is sinful. Wool isn't the same as fur.
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Squad : Flame SL

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 am

I've been a Protestant nearly 18 years and this is the first I'm hearing of lent o.O
Now what to give up...I wouldn't go as far as giving up the forum, although its great Mac, you want to work on your grades and generally have more time, I couldn't Razz I guess Lasagne (favourite food) will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:23 am

Hm, I decided to do a little research on Lent, and discovered that Sundays aren't supposed to be part of it, since it's the Sabbath and all. I won't explain everything, but http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=133505. Emailed my school priest and he confirmed that some people do take Sunday off in an attempt to find new faith in what you've given up, blablabla. As Memi kinda pointed out, my reasons for Lent aren't exactly the same reasoning as anyone else, but...I might just follow this rule anyway...a little bit...even though I could probably resist it, maybe I'll make a post or two on Sundays IF I feel like Ive done enough to deserve to Smile (by the way, it's sunday now)
Anyway Ive read the replies, thanks for your supporting words especially Mike, Ari
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 am

SURE... Thank the people who write three paragraphs. Concise is better people!
Back to top Go down
Choco
The Golden Chocobo
The Golden Chocobo
Choco

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:54 am

Might be a bit late here, but good luck Mac - it won't be easy Razz

Eupharia wrote:
I've been a Protestant nearly 18 years and this is the first I'm hearing of lent o.O
Now what to give up...I wouldn't go as far as giving up the forum, although its great Mac, you want to work on your grades and generally have more time, I couldn't Razz I guess Lasagne (favourite food) will suffice.
Son, I am disappoint Frown
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Eupharia wrote:

Tsk Tsk, Euph lol. You don't have to give up foods only, but you can give up actions or make a commitment to do something you haven't done etc.

Smacaroni wrote:
Hm, I decided to do a little research on Lent, and discovered that Sundays aren't supposed to be part of it, since it's the Sabbath and all. I won't explain everything, but http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=133505. Emailed my school priest and he confirmed that some people do take Sunday off in an attempt to find new faith in what you've given up, blablabla. As Memi kinda pointed out, my reasons for Lent aren't exactly the same reasoning as anyone else, but...I might just follow this rule anyway...a little bit...even though I could probably resist it, maybe I'll make a post or two on Sundays IF I feel like Ive done enough to deserve to Smile (by the way, it's sunday now)
Anyway Ive read the replies, thanks for your supporting words especially Mike, Ari

No problem BigMac, I'm always here to help. And yes felipe, I like to play with words to express the same emotional bond as well as connect with someone so they know that they are not alone, and me here, well I'm not one for short worded thoughts.

And since you guys said what you were giving up, I will say that I will be giving up Cheeseburgers, Fries, Soda, Chocolate, Procrastination, Lazyness and I will work harder in everything I do. It has a bit of everything so that way I can be motivated not only one aspect of my life, but all parts. Hopefully everything works out and I am trying my best to accomplish these goals beyond Easter (except maybe cheeseburgers and fries..
Back to top Go down
Eupharia
The Ninetailed Scot
The Ninetailed Scot
Eupharia

Squad : Flame SL

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:30 pm

NinjaChoco wrote:
Might be a bit late here, but good luck Mac - it won't be easy Razz

Eupharia wrote:
Son, I am disappoint Frown

Huh?

MicahelN wrote:
Eupharia wrote:

Tsk Tsk, Euph lol. You don't have to give up foods only, but you can give up actions or make a commitment to do something you haven't done etc.

Meh, I'd rather go without lasagne for what is it.. 40 days? (newb) If you have something too often it loses it's novelty Razz
Back to top Go down
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Smacaroni wrote:

Sunday was the day of the sabbath because of the theory that god created the world in 7 days, he rested on the seventh day which was Sunday and any Sunday you're meant to rest and not work(This goes for all year not just lent), but that's faded which I don't mind really. I don't like being lazy xD
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:32 pm

By the way...
Lent Season Im-back
I think...
Maybe I'll log into chat...
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Mac Daddy wrote:
By the way...
Lent Season Im-back
I think...
Maybe I'll log into chat...

Don't sing it, bring it.

Btw welcome back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Bump

It's Lent again (earlier this year than last); use this topic to discussesiones.

I don't think I'll be doing what I did last year again. Instead I'm thinking of giving up Facebook to a degree, which in a way will be harder than here, since I'm trying desperately to talk to people at school more nowadays. But it shouldn't affect any of you much...unfortunately it might slightly increase my time idling here, when you think about it... I'm taking today as a free day to prepare even though today was *** Wednesday and I think the 40 days has BEGUN.
Back to top Go down
Littlered
Demon in Disguise
Demon in Disguise
Littlered

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:20 pm

I have give up soda. All sodas of any kind having to do with all the sizzly kind and anything that is generally served as restaraunts. I am living off of Juice, water and Crystal Lite xD
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Can't believe it's that time of the year again.... Seems like I just got my ashes just the other month.... Hmm. I was good on my word about all that fast food last year so I might try that again. Then again I have this deep, deep fix on teas. Any kind of tea from that hardcore asian green tea stuff to Snapples, to Lipton, to whatever. It's my go to choice of beverage. And with my family buying one of those instant brew machines, it hasn't help me stop drinking so much of it. Maybe I can try to limit myself from drinking it everyday to maybe a couple times a week. Might actually help me sleep again. I might give up reality television because I waste my good nights watch that stuff. Can't help I like the Bachelor and all that rot-your-brain stuff. Maybe I can cut out reality television to just Wednesdays (Law and Order SVU!) and Thursdays (Office!). Besides, I always have the sims 3 to occupy me... and for a full commitment of eliminating something, I will give up relationships I mean regretting things. It's a habit of mine to look back on the past and complain that it could have helped my future. I'm going to give up that kinda thinking so maybe it will help me be a bit more positive. Also I plan to do more reading since I do own a kindle of my very own and I haven't used it much, it would be in my best interest to read more. So yeah, that's my list this year. Kinda difficult for me but I plan to accomplish every one of them.
Back to top Go down
Grhym

Grhym

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 6:28 am

Lent Season G1330000095945151242

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lent Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lent Season   Lent Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lent Season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Dramander :: General :: Introductions/Goodbyes/Leave of Absents :: Leave of Absents-
Jump to: