Team Dramander
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeLatest imagesMicahelN's Short Story Showcase Custom_rulesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» DISCORD SERVER
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 am

» Too Little Too Late
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:21 am

» Omegle Laughter
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 am

» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» Collective Writing
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Status Shout Box

MicahelN's Short Story Showcase

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Squad : TD Forum Administrator

MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Empty
PostSubject: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Hey everyone~

As you know, I love to write and I hope to be an author one day. And I know some of you have read a piece I wrote and posted in PWO. Well, today I finally decided that I should dedicate time to writing stories again and so I have decided to open this post for my Short Story Showcase. Every-so-often I will write a short story based on my life, or random ideas I come up while daydreaming in class. My goal is to stay committed to this and post at least a story a month, (maybe 2). So, I will keep the stories in spoilers. I will have the title above it along with the word count incase so you know how long it'll take to read. I know the stories aren't perfect and they may not mesh with your opinions, so with that being said please be open-minded to my interpretations. As for grammar mistakes, yeah I know they are there, but please try not to be a Grammar Nazi, it kind of deflates my enjoyment of sharing these stories with all of you. Anyways, here they are.

Remembrance (2,979 words) - April 4th, 2011

Spoiler:

Katherin (1518 words) - May 11th, 2011

Spoiler:

Bitter Like Coffee (3061 words) - June 26th, 2011
Spoiler:

Last edited by MicahelN on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Hmm.. the text looks small. If that's the case, let me know and I will make it bigger so that way it'll be easier to read.

Anyways, I wanted to explain the inspiration of Remembrance. The character Kayla was based on a real person, and a dear friend of mine. Her real name was Marieka Douridas and I met her in 6th grade. We had a few classes together, and her personality was that of what I wrote. I never did become that close to her which was a shame because she was a really great person. She died the same exact way in the story and the party was the last time I did see her. Kristin was based on two of my friends. Kristin was a friend of mine that I met two years ago that I didn't really become friends with until the second sememster of senior year. I regretted not getting to know her better. Jeremy was actually a guy named Aiden and he passed away the same way as I described. He died in late March, and Kristin was exactly the way I described in the story. The only thing was that I didn't take her outside, and I didn't comfort her, having not even been her friend. But after that day, we became good friends. As for after Kayla's death, I did meet a friend that day. Her name is Jessica and we'd been friends ever since. And exactly like I wrote, we became friends when she asked how I was feeling that day. I truely appreciate her continued friendship. I always believed that new beginnings come after death. I lost a dear friend in Marieka, but I gained a life long friend in Jessica. I lost a friend in Aiden, but I gained a friend in Kristin. Small things like that make me believe that these are signs and that friendship is a way to help heal the broken heart. And since both Aiden and Marieka passed away in March, it's only fair to remember them this month. So, that's the backstory to it.
Back to top Go down
Littlered
Demon in Disguise
Demon in Disguise
Littlered

Squad : Flame Squad

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:44 am

Pretty sweet and touching, my suggestion for the future is to make your way from the past present then future. In this story you did start with the present for the most part and with some stories, authors do tend to give us just a little backround info on the present which I think is ok. But personally, I think the stroy could have made more sense if you bring up the 8th grade bit a little bit earlier. Otherwise the stroy is great, got a nice theme and mood being set Smile
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks Ariana, I appreciate the feedback. Yeah, I love to structure the stories present, past, present because mostly I've read a ton of stories that do things like that. I guess having the present told first gives a general idea of where to start and from there it sets up a reader's thoughts, like what happened that lead to this event. Personally I think it helps eliminate the obvious factor but at the same time, I've been told numerous times that past to present to the future would be more clear.

Yeah, this story was something I wrote on a whim yesterday evening; I guess I didn't pay too close attention to the way I structured some details and of course you are right that I should have mentioned the past a bit earlier. I guess I was into the flow of the story that I didn't want to adjust it last night and that it would go well with putting it in the last few paragraphs to provide the reason he was so calm during Jeremy's death. But this is one of my shorter short stories because I usually aim for the 5,000 - 10,000 word mark and I could have added more detail.

And now looking back at it, I could have had a different storyline where the main character wasn't with Kristin, but they had broken up, and then Jeremy's death brought them back together as they both remembered Kayla's death and how they first met. But meh, I'm happy with the outcome of the story and this has helped me snap out of a very annoying writer's block.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read the story and leave a response. It's always nice to hear opinions of my work and suggestions that can help me become better.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Mmm.. I don't think I can make another April story this month. I've actually been working on my first attempt at a novel this month and I've been making good progress which is actually a real shock to me. Anyways, I will work on a short story though in mid-May as to make sure I follow up on my commitment to post a story here every month. Maybe I'll even post a summary or section of the novel sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 11:26 pm

Phew.

After being braindead for the last month, I finally was able to crank out another story. Well, it might be strange to you reading the first lines of it. But no, I don't feel that way. I was reading this story and I was editing it, but then I drew inspiration from it and revised the story to what is above. If you read the link below, it's not really copying the story lol.

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1775185-Katie

From that story, I wrote this blending my writing and using that storyline. I admit it was difficult writing from a girl's perspective because, well, they have a different way of showing emotion. I figure I missed the mark because it sounds like one person's style of writing but I thought, hey try something new. As a future author, I feel it's vital for me to try and capture both male and female perspective's in stories to further strenghthen my writing and make it believable. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh yeah, one thing. If you bother to read the story in the link, I changed the names for a reason Razz
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 7:20 pm

I seen this topic before, and even gave you rep, but I confess to neglecting to read the story until about an hour ago due to forgetfullness >.< Sorry about that really. I've only read the first story, I'll read the next one tomorrow because I want to let the message to the first one sink in a little bit. You sorta made me cry, so I believe you could do anything as a writer. Maybe it's just because someone I know wrote it, so I was thinking that maybe you MUSt have based this off an event in your own Life to be able to portray it in 3000 words and I got all empathetic. I see rather than a physically based story like an adventure, this is emotional, watching one's mind as he deals with Death and reflects on how he depends on Love to keep him from feeling bad. Tbh, this seems good enough to be in like my lit textbook, apart from a few awkward sounding sentences. I remember when a kid in a nearby school died early last year from cancer (he was acquainted with most our school too), I think a lot of people did react this same way with breakdowns. Rather than write a whole freaking literary criticism essay here, I'll end with if you want me to [somehow] share a story or two of yours with other people, I'll be glad to, because I was thinking it'd be great if people I know coping with a close Death read this, or it could really a person feel...closer to that special someone.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 8:45 pm

I appreciate it BigMac. Yeah, I remember losing that friend so vividly that the memories still linger. I really appeciate the feedback and the fact that it did connect for you because that's my whole purpose with my work. If you got it, and you connected, I feel like I did my job. I don't mind if you take the time to write a literary criticism essay and nitpick the work. Anything obvious (like those awkward sentences) should be fixed, and just feel free to drop in a few suggestions or two if you want. As for showcasing the piece, go right ahead. Anybody here can even take it and use it for their english class Razz (I'd be curious how it would score) But yeah feel free as well to copy it and fix it up a bit and give it friends. Anyways, thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:23 pm

Awesome New Story Awesome

Of course I had to keep my monthly commitment and this month has been a horrible month for me as I was suffering through a terrible case of writer's block. Maybe it had to do with the stress of finals and such, but anyways here's the next story. I try not to make the stories too long that way it's quicker to read and enjoy.

This one has no inspiration really. I read a story someone wrote, and I got the idea and basically added 95% of the story. I admit it's not one of my best but in the month of July, my goal is to re-write my first and most inspired piece, Memorable Love. I remember it being my first idea when I was 15, and I've been really trying to fix it but failing. Hopefully I can sit down and get it done. For those of you that have checked out my writing.com profile and read that story, it's going to be radically different lol.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 12:14 am

Loving Lacey (3949 Words) ~ July 31. 2011

Spoiler:

Just realized I needed to post a monthly story, so this is one of my older ones. It's not as great, but I've been busy with the fanfic and other stuff. August will be down to the wire as well because I will be writing the fanfic, the zombie story, another fiction series involving a survivor like scenario, and other things. I have started the short story version of one of my future stories titled "The Duet" I am nearly 6K done and my hope is to get around 60K. I have a lot away of go lol. But enjoy this story.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 pm

After a very lengthy time way from my writing activities; (I would call it a lovely distraction), I'm going to start back up with my stories in hope that I'll be able to extract some of them for my Creative Writing class this semester. In fact I have an assignment coming up this Monday where I need to write a 10 page Creative non-fiction story. Maybe I can post it here by tomorrow night or Sunday and get some feedback in time for class Monday. If anyone wants to give it a read, I'd appreciate it. I'm actually not going to write about my time with Robin. I'm going to create a piece about people (their last names are going to be changed) that I've met in the past who I became good friends with, who were in terrible relationships. (No one in Team Dramander). The reason why I'm writing about this experience in particular is because the ex-boyfriend of one of my closest friends in high school is in this creative writing class and it struck me as weird. I mean the guy I heard all these things about is in the same classroom as me not knowing I had a huge part in breaking up his relationship. It's a serious piece obviously as it does deal with some adult issues (which I will try to limit as best as I can) but it's a part of my past that reminds me of the blessings of a happily, healthy relationship and how too many people take them for granted. Anyways that's my plan so look out for it this weekend and any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MicahelN's Short Story Showcase   MicahelN's Short Story Showcase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MicahelN's Short Story Showcase
Page 1 of 1