Team Dramander
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeLatest imagesFreeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Custom_rulesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» DISCORD SERVER
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 am

» Too Little Too Late
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:21 am

» Omegle Laughter
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 am

» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» Collective Writing
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Status Shout Box

Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Empty
PostSubject: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:07 pm

With the usual qualifiers in place (WHEN the server's up and WHEN we have enough members), I'd like to bring up the idea of a squad tournament. I have an idea for how the tournament should commence so tell me what you think.

All particpants will contact designated tournament officials, and pay the decided entrance fee which will be moved to guild funds. Levels will be capped somewhere around 30-35, but there will be no minimum level for participation (If you can win with lower levels, more power to ya). A designated official will keep track of the participants and randomly assign everyone opponents for the first round. The winners of the round will contact the official and he/she will keep track of winners and assign matches for the next round.

Each round will take place over the course of several days or until all matches have been completed and the participants will be in charge of scheduling thier own matches during the time limit.This will continue in normal tournament fashion until only the Champion remains.

In the case that a battle never commences, both particpants will be disqualified from the competition. I also fully expect people NOT to cheat. If you lost, don't say you won and complicate the jobs of those of us running the tournament. Participants are encouraged to take screen shots of their victory, however, this won't be needed unless there is a dispute.

The rules for the battles themselves are simple. No switching pokemon until the one you have out faints and items such as potions are not allowed.

Prizes will differ depending on what's in the squad treasury at the time, but the Champion will recieve a Grand Prize, the runner up a First prize, and the semi-finalists will each recieve a Second prize.

Give me your oppinions, suggestions, and anything I might have missed.
Back to top Go down
Littlered
Demon in Disguise
Demon in Disguise
Littlered

Squad : Flame Squad

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm

I support this idea for Freeze squad even though this doesnt include me which brings me to the fact that I have an idea. Instead of just this squad having a tournament (because some people might meet requirements only from a different squad) why dont we have all squads host annual tournaments. That way if you really wanted to (lets say your in Freeze or Dramander) attending a Cherry Tournament, lets say the requirement is lv15 max. It would be ok for you to participate techniclly your not stronger in a sense. Also For each squad we can also have like different rules. Like compairng Freeze rules to what would be Cherry Rules. I would let people use potions no more than 2x. Just because people in my squad are still just starting out and need to learn in situations like these they shouldnt be cheap using potions all the time. So basicly back to what i was saying about different squads attending a tournament hosted by another squad. I think it makes sense because one may feel they arent ready to be a part of a stronger/weaker tournament with different level caps which is why i think this would make a good idea and impression.
Back to top Go down
Choco
The Golden Chocobo
The Golden Chocobo
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Littlered wrote:
Instead of just this squad having a tournament (because some people might meet requirements only from a different squad) why dont we have all squads host annual tournaments. That way if you really wanted to (lets say your in Freeze or Dramander) attending a Cherry Tournament, lets say the requirement is lv15 max. It would be ok for you to participate techniclly your not stronger in a sense.

That is a very good idea, the only problem i'd have would be with items (since they just get annoying in battles), but since thats just rules, they could be decided closer to the time Smile

Also, i'd like the chance to actually win a tournament for once Razz
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 3:12 am

Don't worry Choco. Every Chocobo has its day. Razz

And I dislike item usage in PvP battles as well, so you can be sure I'll push for at least limits on them. If we go across the entire guild with this one, I'd push for the Cherry tournament to be allowed some potions per battle since it involves newer players. In more advanced tournaments, however, I'd push for no items at all.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:01 am

Good idea, and like you said, proceeds can go to the guild fund.

RedHerring1290 wrote:
[color=red]In the case that a battle never commences, both particpants will be disqualified from the competition. color]

Shouldn't just the person that didn't show up be disqualified? How will the tournament continue if a branch is knocked out? Or maybe they should both get a 2nd chance to reassign a date and time, because if it's the final match for example, you can't just disqualify them, or there won't be a champion!.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 am

Macaroni Man wrote:
Good idea, and like you said, proceeds can go to the guild fund.

Shouldn't just the person that didn't show up be disqualified? How will the tournament continue if a branch is knocked out? Or maybe they should both get a 2nd chance to reassign a date and time, because if it's the final match for example, you can't just disqualify them, or there won't be a champion!.

This is the only way I've thought to do it. They're responsible for scheduling thier own matches within the given time limit. Do you have any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Choco
The Golden Chocobo
The Golden Chocobo
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 pm

Would this just be for freeze squad members, or can anyone in Team Dramander apply? as long as their pokes are within the level range, obv. Razz
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:34 pm

I havn't worked all the details out yet, but it will most likely be open to everyone as long as they're under the level cap. There's not really enough members in just Freeze Squad to have a tournament anyways. It might just be that Freeze Squad runs the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Choco
The Golden Chocobo
The Golden Chocobo
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:36 pm

RedHerring1290 wrote:
I havn't worked all the details out yet, but it will most likely be open to everyone as long as they're under the level cap. There's not really enough members in just Freeze Squad to have a tournament anyways. It might just be that Freeze Squad runs the tournament.
Woot! This means my Lanturn team can get its first test Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Squad : TD Forum Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:41 pm

I think this is a good start Felipe. This will be our own personal squad tournament since it did come from the Freeze Squad. You will be the “Head Commissioner” of the Tournament and “MC” if you will. Since money is involved, I will handle the entrance fees and be responsible for the pokemon prizes. I think the first thing we need to do, is to make sure we have everything sorted out, and then from there, create another topic under Calendar Events. That way anybody who accesses this website will know when the tournament is taking place.
Since we are limited to our mobility outside of Kanto, we will have to host it in a city that people will have quick access to; maybe within the Vermillion City area?
Let’s talk about the entrance fee. Ok, since this money goes towards the guild and we might be dealing with less than stellar players, we could range our entrance fee from 1,000 – 10,000. I mean personally from a participant point of view, I would be willing to pay within that price range. However if we do go over 5,000 the prize might have to be a shiny pokemon. This is where your expertise of buying and selling pokemon comes in. Let’s say you buy a poke for 45,000. We can find a way to charge contestants that combines to be worth more than the price you paid. Give me your rough estimate on the pricing so we can give and take a reasonable price.
Next, we have rules and regulations. I see that 30-35 sounds pretty fair for a Freeze Squad tournament. Maybe we might increase the range as time goes on, but for now this is fine. I think a good idea would be for all participants of the tournament to state their pokemon i.d. and we can verify the team they plan to use in the tournament. How we are going to coordinate all that to perfection, well we can only try. The reason for that is to avoid cheating and someone sneaking a level 60 poke.
Once we have confirmed the teams, we can sort them for battle in a battle bracket. Like you posted, rules included no switching during battle, no items are allowed, if in an event such as a crash or lag occurs, the match will be postponed. Once this issue has been solved, the match will continue but it will be a 2 poke sudden death. The beauty of having the tournament in one location is that we can confirm both parties are there and they are battling. If they do not show up on the date they are supposed to battle, they will be disqualified. If both don’t show, the next opponent the winner would have played automatically receives a win and moves on.
Now comes the hard part. We won’t know how the battle is actually being fought. This is where we have to trust our instincts along with keeping a PM with both members of the battle. They will state which attack they plan to use and if their pokemon has been knocked out, they must clearly state that their pokemon has been knocked out. This way it keeps order and we are going to have to trust that.
The prizes could be handed to the Champion, the 2nd place winner, and if we have enough, a 3rd prize.
As much as I would like to keep this in our squad for pride, we need to allow other TD members to join because we only have 3 members at the moment (which in all honesty is pretty depressing) but they have to follow our rules. Since I can’t trust the public (everyone outside of TD and forums) I don’t know if it’s a good idea to allow other people to join. The positives would be we would earn lots of entrees and cash, the negatives, they might cheat or flake out or not understand the rules.
I hope I have contributed my piece. Please tell me your thoughts and how we should move from here.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 pm

The promblem with holding the tournament in a single city, is that it will limit participation to people within a certain timezone and to only the players that can reach the region (although that does give me an idea for a future money raising venture). I think we should go with a time limit of several days for players to schedule thier own matches against thier designated opponents. In order for the players to take credit for the win, they could simply relay us the results of the battle through the use of a screenshot of thier win. If they miss the chance to take a screenshot or forget, we'd have to relie on them to tell the truth. Watching them through every single step of the battle doesn't seem efficient or even possible. If we get a ton of participants, that will become impossible to do.

Also, we aren't going to be able to cover every little detail the first time around. We'll see what areas need improvement and learn from it.
Back to top Go down
Littlered
Demon in Disguise
Demon in Disguise
Littlered

Squad : Flame Squad

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow you guyz are really going into detail here. Anyways yes Id have to agree with Michael that you guyz are only hosting the tournament so you'd have to let others join in if they want. I also agree with Felipe that everything doesnt have to be done at the same moment. Because we are dealing with people of different time zones that will be hard, I say the best way to do this is have it so everyone must battle their opponent within 2 days and if neither of the players are able to battle for which ever reoson than both of them should be disqualified (so making plans with your opponent would be best if you know you might not make it in time for the cut off)

Also Michael I dont think anyone has to do all that PM's and such to me that sounds much more work than your originally making it so instead maybe perhaps a SS of your win (if possible) if you cant get an SS the loser must admit to defeat. If theres any dispute over who wins both would have to be disqualified because in PWO (as I know) you cant exactly tie in battles. Theres wins, losses, and disconnects, nothing about ties.

So thats all I can say about this and Im sure you guys will figure out some plan/system that will work good for this situation. This also reminds me to write up a tournament for my squad, of course my rules will be different cause its newer people we are dealing with and lower levels and such. And seeing how this will be hosted by The Cherries I am in charge of my tournament but of course anyone else from other squads are welcome to join in. By the way im probably not going to be taking part in my squad's tournament cause people might not have a complete party and not high enough levels. So I plan on setting levels to 10-15 (sadly my team is 15-20) Guess we are going to see what happens. cherry
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Alrighty then. In that case this topic has now become the Freeze Squad Tournament planning topic. In preparation for the future tournament, I'll begin acquiring a staff.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Oh me, me, me!

*raises hand and pretends to be nerd in front row with black rimmed glasses, pocketprotector, buckteeth, black slacks, black shoes, slicked hair, freckles, with stange laugh and squeecky voice (aka Taylor Swift jkjk)*

Name my position sir, and I will do the best I can. (Or however energy I feel like putting in on that day *cough 50% Max cough*)
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Alrighty then. You'll be in charge of money collection and will hold all the prizes we aquire for the event. The prizes aren't going to be huge this time around, but we'll see what we can come up with.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 am

Yeah like I said, use your buy and sell method. But I was thinking about the PM thing and I realize that, that would only be neccessary if we invite random strangers which from the sound of it, won't be the case this time around. I trust everyone here to understand the rules so there is no need to be like that. But I think it will be possible to pull it off if we did do that. But I guess we have to take into consideration the time zones... you and I stay up most of the nights so we are good there. I can cover the U.s. west coast times, so we are going to have to get like Rayquaza or some other person who can cover the times we are sleeping. 12 am- 8am or around there. I know that's what the screenshots are for, put that also means that they have to be someone who uses the forums. Again, I am only thinking of when we do offer this to everyone. But for now, I trust everyone to tell the truth in TD so I don't have a problem with that. I will not participate since I will be handling the money and prizes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!   Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freeze Squad Tournament Extraordinaire!
Page 1 of 1