Team Dramander
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeLatest imagesWell, it's been fun Custom_rulesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» DISCORD SERVER
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 am

» Too Little Too Late
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:21 am

» Omegle Laughter
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 am

» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» Collective Writing
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Status Shout Box

Well, it's been fun

Go down 
+5
Choco
RedHerring
Mac of All Trades
Rayquaza
Memieko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

Squad : Flame SA

Well, it's been fun Empty
PostSubject: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:57 pm

I have been on Dramander for a while and I've noticed members faded from interest with this guild, but I would like to announce my final place with this and possibly some mild annoyance I've had. Months ago I declared myself the last person to give up hope for this guild, but as times come and go I decided I am done with PWO and Dramander. I've lived through heartbreak and tears with this guild all through my stay with it and have experienced much more than I expected, sadly most of those experiences happen to be negative and I can't strain myself any longer with the "Oh hey I'm back let's get this guild going" from members to absolute silence the next week for the next 3 months before someone(Admin or moderator) decides "Hey we're back!" and then disappears again for another month or two. Yes, people are busy, but this guild won't last if this the most progress made.

Basically, I need to let go. I'm not going to sit here and just watch as this pattern keeps going on as it has been for the past year. And all these past two years I need to voice this, I tried countless times to recruit, to play when no one else wanted to, to greet people and worked hard to get us noticed with the trainer concepts to the point where I almost resented drawing with the lack of respect I got from others for them. Yes, I know I have a lot to go art wise and personality wise, but I slaved over those a while because I loved everyone as friends. But now, no matter what, I don't feel any appreciation flowing to anyone(Not just myself.) All I hear is "we need to do this" and that's it. No one ever says "Thank You" or "Good Job" unless its a major leap for the guild.

So finally, if anyone is able to ever pick up this guild again, not one person can do it. You need a group to get it going again, like before. Either new admins with connections or experience, or just a large group of friends. So I wish you guys luck if it is ever to happen and sorry I won't be around to see it.

Also, so you know that this isn't the only reason. My visit with Ajay was phenomenal and we have officially decided to work towards figuring out how to move together. We will be working harder than before to raise money for a few more visits to decide which location would be best for both of us to live in. Therefore, I will have little to no time to work towards helping this guild any longer. I wish you all well and good luck.

- Memieko

Last edited by Memieko on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rayquaza

Rayquaza

Squad : Alliance

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Been considering leaving myself. Mainly been a forum lurker on pwo for quite a while, had the rare login. Ever since that "upgrade" from SMF to whatever it is now, I've had issues logging into the forums for "conversion" issues with my password(with Lee being absolutely no help when I posted the issue in the bug catcher). Basically now it's just the occasional look in the announcements, the extremely rare login, and stalking here...
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:53 pm

You've grown cold. Perhaps grown UP is the phrase I meant to say. But I'm not quite sure. I hope you do read this. I REALLY don't want to sound like a senseless verbose idiot here, so let me express myself more straightforward.
...You know, what I'm feeling now isn't so much about you; but about the truth in what you said, about how we just stopped doing anything. I too, have pretty much accepted and can live with the fact that the guild is over. But what I HAVEN'T accepted is the fact that I've accepted that. All I mean to say by that is, I feel guilty lurking around here all the time, knowing that we...that I... really CAN revive the guild, not just SAY we will then leave for a while, like you point out. I mean, if I...if all of us... don't feel like doing anything with Dramander, then why DO we still stick around, because we shouldn't; if we don't care, then we should leave. But some of us DON'T, and I really don't know why. So much for not sounding like a complete idiot. Well, please know I'm not arguing with you at all since I saw this coming (or otherwise thought it already happened).
I suppose the reason I called you cold was because, I don't know who put the idea into your head that abandoning this forum and abandoning PWO means the same thing as forgetting about it and never talking to any of us again. I'll at least speak for myself in saying that I have learned, and I will always remember. Don't think for a second I'm not glad about you and Ajay; this IS a new chapter.

Ps, About that group of people whom you said didn't appreciate you, I sincerely hope you weren't thinking of me. I promise I would still be interested in what you may come to do in the future, including art.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:32 am

*ahem* The best way to leave is not with a wall of text. It's to simply stop visiting the site. That's what I did and its worked wonderfully. That said, I feel like I never said a proper goodbye. So, I'll take this as my opportunity to take cheap shots under the public eye and thus permanently sever some ties. I don't intend to respond further, but reserve the right to if I deem responses hilarious enough to warrant my approval.

@Ari:
Spoiler:

@MicahelN:
Spoiler:

@Mac:
Spoiler:

@Road:
Spoiler:

@Choco:
Spoiler:

@Euphy:
Spoiler:

@Ray:
Spoiler:

@Memi:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 am

MaCarl wrote:
You've grown cold. Perhaps grown UP is the phrase I meant to say. But I'm not quite sure. I hope you do read this. I REALLY don't want to sound like a senseless verbose idiot here, so let me express myself more straightforward.
...You know, what I'm feeling now isn't so much about you; but about the truth in what you said, about how we just stopped doing anything. I too, have pretty much accepted and can live with the fact that the guild is over. But what I HAVEN'T accepted is the fact that I've accepted that. All I mean to say by that is, I feel guilty lurking around here all the time, knowing that we...that I... really CAN revive the guild, not just SAY we will then leave for a while, like you point out. I mean, if I...if all of us... don't feel like doing anything with Dramander, then why DO we still stick around, because we shouldn't; if we don't care, then we should leave. But some of us DON'T, and I really don't know why. So much for not sounding like a complete idiot. Well, please know I'm not arguing with you at all since I saw this coming (or otherwise thought it already happened).
I suppose the reason I called you cold was because, I don't know who put the idea into your head that abandoning this forum and abandoning PWO means the same thing as forgetting about it and never talking to any of us again. I'll at least speak for myself in saying that I have learned, and I will always remember. Don't think for a second I'm not glad about you and Ajay; this IS a new chapter.

Ps, About that group of people whom you said didn't appreciate you, I sincerely hope you weren't thinking of me. I promise I would still be interested in what you may come to do in the future, including art.

No Mac, you were never in my thoughts when I said that. In fact you're one of the few that made me feel good about the guild, thank you for all the laughs and even if I don't know you very well, you were still one of my favorite guild members. Also, I agree I may have grown bitter over the years but I have kept my hear the same and maybe even tried making it a little bigger. I still love all you guys and I am sad to go, but I'm just mostly leaving for my own life to begin. Besides I still got web-comics that need making ;3 I'm not giving up on the TD web-comic. I've got all your designs still in my head and the storyline that inspired me.

RedHerring wrote:
*ahem* The best way to leave is not with a wall of text. It's to simply stop visiting the site. That's what I did and its worked wonderfully. That said, I feel like I never said a proper goodbye. So, I'll take this as my opportunity to take cheap shots under the public eye and thus permanently sever some ties. I don't intend to respond further, but reserve the right to if I deem responses hilarious enough to warrant my approval.

@Memi:
Spoiler:

I like your comparison though I won't deny that I tried my best to get under your skin xD it made me chuckle a little to hear your description. Thanks for being a good friend when I needed one, Red, and sorry also for annoying the crap out of you.
Back to top Go down
Choco
The Golden Chocobo
The Golden Chocobo
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:47 pm

Theres no reason to go into the whole normal goodbye, farewell replies that normally come at this point, its been coming for so long and with everything as it is its not a goodbye anymore and when it comes down to it, this is just going to be the place where everyone finally says what they've been avoiding for so long. When it comes down to it, I share many of the same sentiments about the guild, I mean, look back at when we all started and compare it to now: what happened? The same spirit that we once had vanished somewhere and this is where it has led us, its sad. Up until I got GM I was working to spread the word about us, but it always seemed like i was the only one, from time to time someone might have made some attempt, but mainly when it came to actually doing anything other than talking about how we would return once again there was very few who could actually walk it. Its a shame everything is ending like this, but it is, so don't drag everything down with petty arguments.

For everyone, good luck moving on, for the most part these were some good times with good friends Smile

For Memi, I think I said most of what I needed to earlier, and I again don't see this as a goodbye since we talk more on MSN than here Razz

RedHerring wrote:

@Choco:
Spoiler:
I'm happy to take that as a compliment, you were a worth adversary Smile
Back to top Go down
Hawk

Hawk

Squad : Freeze Squad

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:47 am

Frown im gonna miss u choco...and so is my magikarp
Back to top Go down
mewtwo21

mewtwo21

Location : In a place that apparently doesn't exist... Wyoming.

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:57 am

I`ll miss u choco!!!! Frown
Back to top Go down
Memieko
Concept Extraordinaire
Concept Extraordinaire
Memieko

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:42 pm

Why do I feel they thought this topic was Choco's...

Either way just in case, I'm the one leaving or have gone and Choco made another goodbye topic a while ago. Scroll up silly hawk. Also, glad to see you two again.
Back to top Go down
Grhym

Grhym

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:38 pm

RedHerring wrote:

@Road:
Spoiler:
[color=red][size=15]

Found this forum after months and just remembered you too, I am honoured to have earned top 3. Wish I could have been number 1 though.
Saying good bye to someone who had left the guild months ago, I must have really left a strong impression on you. Smile

------------------------

On another topic

I was wondering how long the guild could survive without me, looks like this status says it all, anyway I only came here via steam by a miss click. I won't be around for any replies to this so bye! Wink
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Squad : TD Forum Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:45 am

[quote="RedHerring"]*ahem* The best way to leave is not with a wall of text. It's to simply stop visiting the site. That's what I did and its worked wonderfully. That said, I feel like I never said a proper goodbye. So, I'll take this as my opportunity to take cheap shots under the public eye and thus permanently sever some ties. I don't intend to respond further, but reserve the right to if I deem responses hilarious enough to warrant my approval.

@MicahelN:
Spoiler:
[color=red][size=15]

I think you're right Felipe. It's always been my problem and somewhere down the road it's something I'll have to overcome. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm

AHA! I knew I was right! I didn't know I knew what I knew, but I knew it!

Anyhow, hey Peaches. Tis been a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, it's been fun   Well, it's been fun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, it's been fun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Team Dramander :: General :: Introductions/Goodbyes/Leave of Absents :: Goodbyes-
Jump to: