Team Dramander
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Dramander

No Player Left Behind!

A Place You Can Never Forget. We're an Unforgettable Chance Waiting on the Other Side of the Door.

HomeLatest imagesGuild Thread Custom_rulesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» DISCORD SERVER
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:23 am

» Too Little Too Late
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:21 am

» Omegle Laughter
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Memieko Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:14 am

» Have another: "Around the Corner" by Macaroni Man
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:29 am

» Collective Writing
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:47 pm

» The Continuing Story and Edit the Sentence Combined
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:33 pm

» For those still remaining.
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Hawk Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

» I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map I'm the Map
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 am

» Twilight House
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:34 am

» Philosophical Entries.
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:30 am

» Pokémon Fusion
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

» Pokemon Fusion
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby RaichuXPikachu Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:57 pm

» Reupload for Riley
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

» Final Fantasy
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Zothen Thu May 16, 2013 10:00 am

» I needz suggestions
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Hawk Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am

» Mah new fanfiction
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Hawk Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:39 am

» I think you should all know where I went.
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Memieko Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:15 am

» My Goodbye
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Lewa Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:53 pm

» College Esé
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby Mac of All Trades Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:20 pm

» 3D Pokemon
Guild Thread Icon_minitimeby RedHerring Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Status Shout Box

Guild Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
_Clumsy_

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:33 pm

How come we don't have a guild thread on the PWO forums? If you guys want me to make one just send me what you want me to put in it.
Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Peaches (MicahelN) is suppose to do it, but he has a girlfriend. Bro's before hoes Peach! D:< I'm sure if we pester him enough about it he'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Choco
The Golden Chocobo
The Golden Chocobo
Choco

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 am

I'm always willing to put it up (since i think I'm the only member with enough posts Razz ) but I don't want to step over any lines
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Squad : TD Forum Administrator

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 pm

_Clumsy_ wrote:
How come we don't have a guild thread on the PWO forums? If you guys want me to make one just send me what you want me to put in it.

I appreciate the offer Clumsy - thanks but for right now I'm holding off because I'm not quite sure how to approach the structure of the guild at the moment. Before we had sorta a pecking order but no incentive for members to move up or offer specific abilities (i.e. scouting horribly rare/forum projects etc). I'm thinking of adding that; while mentioning we don't strictly offer battling over forum or visa versa. I'm having a problem dividing power. You see I want to reward long term members the responsibility of running certain operations but I don't have enough sub-groups to offer roughly 9-10 people the power. I want to map out that plus smooth out other operations such as tournaments - basically making sure everything has a explanation which you can imagine will take some work. I'm kinda slow worker Rolling Eyes but I keep my promise of posting it. I just would like everything to be somewhat crisp.

RedHerring wrote:
Peaches (MicahelN) is suppose to do it, but he has a girlfriend. Bro's before hoes Peach! D:< I'm sure if we pester him enough about it he'll do it.

Having a girlfriend has nothing to do with it Mad Remember that I've started up school too with 19 units this semester and the stress of transferring applications this semester plus I started doing some community service projects by going to an orphanage and reading to the children plus helping them write their own stories; I absolutely love spending time there. Also Robin and I do Meals on Wheels basically taking lunches and dinners to under-privileged people on the weekends. It gives us time together while doing something good for the community. My hope is that by spending some time volunteering, it'll set up well for my resume for a job. Just trying to stick to the plan and help pay for a better forum/site later on. Anyways bros before hoes only applies to people who don't have a girl to go to (bazinga).

Choco wrote:
I'm always willing to put it up (since i think I'm the only member with enough posts Razz ) but I don't want to step over any lines

You're never stepping over the line offering to help. In fact I do need all of you guys help offering up things you would like to see in the guild (besides posting the topic which I will do). If I need to, I will send a private message blast to everyone where they can speak candid of their feelings. I think letting me know what's not working or what is, what needs to be added will help me move the process along faster. Like I've always said before, it's never about me controlling everything for I never cared about the power. I want to run the guild according to what members want to see the guild run. So I think if anything I need opinions to see the guild you want. I will also need help in other areas such as Euph's templates and I need a new signature/pictures for the guild topic because I don't know where Chrizx got those pictures from and I would certainly need a few to add.
Back to top Go down
_Clumsy_

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 1:22 pm

I'm willing to help with anything to make the guild better. I check in from time to time so if you need any help, just message me tongue
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:47 pm

RedHerring wrote:
Bros before Hoes Peaches D:<
MicahelN wrote:

Anyways bros before hoes only applies to people who don't have a girl to go to (bazinga).

I would've said "yeah that's great, but, the thing it, she's not a ho"
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:56 am

Generally speaking, what if we offered a chance for guild members to run their own squad? However there are very strict guidelines for this to happen.

1. They would have to sign an agreement with written up rules agreeing to the others below.
2. In order for a new squad to be formed, the guild has to grow by 12 every time a new squad can be formed. For example we have 30. When we have 42, a new squad can be formed. This creates an incentive to drive up the member registration. At most I'm expecting 2 more squads to be added realistically. We have more, hey we're getting more people to join at least. In terms of members, I mean active ones - ones that sign up on the playerdex not the forums.
3. They have to have qualifications such as 30 + game hours, all 16 badges, good faith between TD members and PWO members, 60+ leveled team, member for 3 months or more, very active in our community.
4. I'm looking at a 500K cover charge, good for 6 months. 1M will can be accepted upfront and proceeds will go towards the guild bank.
5. New squad must have roughly 6 members
6. Squad leader has to be responsible for creating a squad topic on the forums along with notifying Me or Euph of any updates such as if they added or dropped a person from their squad.
7. Squad must abide by PWO/TD rules or they will be terminated.
8. Abuse on the part the squad leader will have their squad terminated without a refund.
9. Gives people a chance to find their own kinda squad maybe possibly help them get a feel to running a squad for a future look at running a guild even.

Of course this is NOT FINAL, this is simply an idea I am laying out there for everyone to think about. We need something that is new and unique from the other guilds and that will allow us to draw in new members. This is one way to do it, I believe. I am not perfect and I may have missed some critical details where you guys can point out. I prefer that you bring your honest opinion however blunt and critical (without going overboard). Please don't go along with it if you feel you don't like it. Feel free to ask questions and don't worry when I start defending it - I simply want to address concerns you have over an idea. If you are not comfortable of sharing your opinion openly, feel free to contact me by private message.
Back to top Go down
Mac of All Trades
The Forum Clown
The Forum Clown
Mac of All Trades

Squad : Join ALL the squads!

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:03 am

Challenge Accepted. When I mean if, it proves to be to much of a challenge, things like the in-game requirements and possibly even the new members needed to join could always be reduced. Another thing is if we need 12 new members to do it, but there's only a minimum requirement to get 6 to join right off the back, then why not just make it so there only has to be 6 new members? Or maybe a little more so some will join other squads, but I don't know about 12. Also specify what kind of members, do non-PWO count? I'm pretty much non-PWO now against my will...

PS, how can we sign it?
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 am

First, thanks BigMac for taking the time to respond. I know you took some grief with replying before school... I hope you didn't get into too much trouble.

To answer your concerns, I'll start from the bottom move on up. I will make an agreement that I will write up and store it the admin forum. When we need it, Euph, Choco or I will send it over via email. Next, I consider people who have a PWO account as PWO related members, however I have exceptions. Members like Link who joined us from Minecraft are considered non-pwo related. (Though that doesn't make them any less important then our other members. Everyone is considered a regular member). Members like Jinji, Mad, Multiple Accounts and all our alliance members don't qualify as additional counts. (Again, they are equally important to us). It's nice that we have members from all walks of life; and that will always separate us from other PWO guilds, but if we're serious as a PWO guild, we need more PWO members. I have to keep the recruitment number relativity high because that will of course increase our members by a significant amount. Two more squads and we have 24 members, equal of what we made in the last 9 months (non-robot accounts). In terms of your suggestion of lowering the requirement or the reasoning of why 12, I feel that 12 is a strong number of new members. I think it will take awhile for 12 to sign up for the guild. Given that I lower it to 6 or anything under 9 I feel that we will have way too many squads. I don't wanna hand them out like candy despite the millions we get for the guild fund. 9 or more would cut the people running squads. And in terms of why have more new members when the squad only requires half of them, the purpose for that is so we have half of the members joining the squad leader that worked hard to earn the squad, and have the others increase our other operations in the guild. It would not make sense if we have 6 new members and all 6 new members joined the squad. We wouldn't have new members essentially because they'll all be in a squad and not for example, the Scouting group ran by Felipe, or Special Projects group ran by Memi.

I understand that we had too many squads in the past, but I fully expect us to get new members and with more members, we need to make sure we provide enough to accommodate. Checking requirements is a must and that won't go unseen. Euph, Choco and I are in-charge of checking requirements by screen shot proof. Choco is included because this would be under his operations of "Advance Battlers". This shouldn't be too bad because at the most we'll check 3 -4 applications every 3 - 6 months. We'll collect the funds and it will go to straight to the guild bank. Since I go by new members joining on the playerdex, I will know who joins and when every-time I approve a member, I'll keep a tally and know when the next opening for a squad is available.

Again, this is only how I see it operating. Of course we can lower the requirement to 9 or something. I hope I addressed your questions and suggestions BigMac.

Back to top Go down
RedHerring
The Misleading Monarch
The Misleading Monarch
RedHerring

Squad : Freeze SA

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 pm

I'd better put the pedal to the metal and get the rest of my badges.
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Yes, do it. That would help greatly especially when I hand out roles. Plus you'll have access to Mt. Silver where I bet most of your scouting calls would take you.
Back to top Go down

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: How do I.....   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Erm,how do I give my profile a pic?
Back to top Go down
MicahelN
The Peachy One
The Peachy One
MicahelN

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:28 pm

SteelFire wrote:
Erm,how do I give my profile a pic?

1. On the tabs on the top, click the one that says "profile"
2. Below those tabs on the next page, are 7 more. Click the one that says "Avatar"
3. You have 3 choices for your avatar: Upload from your computer, upload from a website, or upload from the avatars that came w/this site.
4. Save the changes.
5. Your new avatar is up.

You can upload gifs too - they won't animate on the member's tab, but on posts they will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Thread   Guild Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Thread
Page 1 of 1